Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm on a Luas. This gets a bit weird towards the end.

I enjoy public transport immensely. So I decided while I'm here and inspiration is all around me to get ttping. So many interesting things.

There is a ban Garda on my Luas. Well, she just got off. Ah right, there are children causing a disruption at Ballaly. Oh Dublin, how I love you. Where else could you see a man staring so intently at his can of IrnBru that he looks like he's attempting to crush it telekinetically? People be crazy, but I'm going to let that slide cause he has a bit of an epic afro.

Two seats just freed up, but I'm far too lazy to go and claim them...
Ooh, free seat really close...with only two stops to go. Perfect.

Following the last post (which was ages ago now), in which I mentioned Olu, I discovered a website where said young aspiring musician uploaded all of his old stuff. So my iPod is now armed with over 70 tracks of his. I still can't understand how he hasn't gotten discovered. I genuinely love everything he makes. If I wasn't typing this on my phone, I'd embed another of his songs.

Maybe these things should just be running Luas journey commentary? One more stop to go. If nothing else, this has helped pass the time.

I am now walking home, listening to Olu. Ah bless, there's a cute toddler across the road. Strange to think that I, and probably most of the people reading this, were like that 17 years ago.

17 years sounds like a long time, but when it comes down to it, has it really felt long? Not for me. I mean, time used to sometimes feel like it dragged on, especially as a child. Now, however, weeks and even months just fly past me. I think it has to do with how generally contented with life I am at the moment. I'm not looking forward to anything major, so I feel as if life is trying to hurry me on and tear my happiness away (which admittedly, didn't sound as stupid in my head). I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and it's made me realise something. When people ask me what I'm afraid of, I never usually have an answer. But I know exactly what I'm afraid of. Despite it being a very common fear, I feel particularly affected by it, and maybe it has to do with moving around so much as I was growing up.

I am terrified of loss. By which I mean losing people.

I had told myself that I wouldn't censor or edit these, so I'll leave it at that. Sorry it got a bit heavy.

I'm nearly home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment