Monday, September 24, 2012

Evil is just a perception and my favourite smiley.

Hidey-ho kiddos. Back again, YAY FOR SPORADIC UPDATES!
I'm Lazy And I Know It, watcha gonna do about it? I'm also almost as painfully white as that chap. The difference is, I try to act like a different ethnicity.

So, I'm sitting here listening to The Script's #3 (again, watcha gonna do about it? This is my goddamn blog, I'll do as I please). I turned 20 on Friday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Had a lovely night out on Thursday to celebrate, and then delicious dindins with the family while hungover the next day.


With a bit of the expendable income I acquired as a result of it being my birthday, I was able to splash out and buy Borderlands 2, which I have been eagerly anticipating (I would be playing it right now, but my sister has commandeered the front room to play Just Dance. She might be done now though. Yay.) It's fantastic, but that isn't why I've mentioned it. During the game (don't worry, no spoilers), the primary antagonist, a very wealthy, crafty industrialist known as "Handsome Jack", constantly refers to your character and your small band of Vault Hunters as the "bad guys". Obviously, playing from your particular perspective, it seems obvious that he's the real "bad guy", as he is constantly trying to murder you for no reason. This didn't provide as good a segway as I thought it might, but my point is that oftentimes, what is described as evil is just a matter of perception. Guess it all depends on what you've been exposed to growing up. I mean, I'm inherently evil, and I plan on a world takeover in which I single-handedly commit genocide on a terrifying scale. Now, I perceive that to be evil, but anyone who grew up around genocide would probably think I'm a genius.

I was hoping to milk a lot more out of that. Oh well. For some reason, the other day, I was thinking about my favourite smileys. There were many wonderful candidates: :3, or, as I like to call it, the satisfied cat; :P, a classic, and a fan favourite, what's not to love about the tongue smiley?; ;), the classic, cheeky wink smiley, just a tad suggestive; and of course, ;D, the cheeky wink with a wide smile, highly suggestive at the best of times, and so goddamn happy. That last one is definitely my favourite. It's greatly amusing.

That about wraps this up. Not a whole lot going on in this one, but sure, few naggins, be grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment